Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wisconsin Death Trip

Sitting in my studio, covered in glue. Again. Time gets lost in here because there are no windows.  I'm always surprised when I leave at night and it's dark.
Still working on researching specific aspects of my project, just to make sure I can defend every small detail. Can't move on until I get my supplies. Family is hard to push to do things; I can't get people to collect clothes for me at all. I've set my most determined aunt on it, and failing that I will take a day trip to Sandusky one of these weekends.
To fuel my creativity I have been working on bead embroidery production pieces. I will post pictures later as this evening I will be familiarizing myself with the photo room in Battelle.
I am reading a book Ric suggested: Wisconsin Death Trip "by" Michael Lesy. It is basically a compilation of notices from papers published by Frank and George Cooper, newspaper men in 1890-1910, along with photos by Charles Van Schaick. These are not famous people. This book is weird. Weird and amazing. Weird and freaky and creepy and amazing. I have banished it from my house because I kept having this reoccurring dream where there were all of these people in my head telling me these stories and getting closer and closer. Very clostrophobic. So it is sitting in my studio, waiting to be read some more.

On a side note, Columbus has great libraries. I could spend all day in them.

Also, here is the first piece in a series I am working on, entitled "Pleased to Meet My Migraine".  If you know any women who get migraines regularly and they would like to talk to me, please let me know. I am trying to get a picture of how Women view/cope with their chronic migraines.


No comments:

Post a Comment