Wednesday, October 10, 2012

updating the day away

Hello Blog world.

Work this week is slow. So slow but I know I am about to kick up a whirlwind of getting stuff done. I am waiting for my supplies to come it from Sandusky, namely all the clothing that my family has been collecting. I have gotten word that it is all on the way!
Right now I am exploring Orbs and prayer shawls, and in the midst of doing that finding lots of books and articles to read. I've started to keep a list because there are too many to keep track of. One notable one, that has nothing to do directly with my project but is good, is called This Day. It's just excerpts of diaries written by American Women.
While waiting to get going on my school projects I have not been sedentary! Rest assured, I always keep myself busy. Here is a photo of one of the pieces I have completed lately:

 Lots of fun beadwork. I have others I have completed, but no photos yet. With access to this wonderful photography room in Battelle I should have photos of everything I have ever made! With the right lighting it is so easy to get decent photographs.
Well, I am going to go get to work so I have something to show next week for critique. I will leave you with some artists I have been looking at:

Gail Gorlitzz
Gail makes amazing bead and mixed media sculptures. I am trying to get in contact with her to see if she would like to work with me this summer. 

Laura McCabe
Laura makes more edgy beaded jewelry and is often included in many of the bead magazines.

And if you like Futurama, you may find this very very creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment