Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where you can always find me.

Well Hello there stranger. Where did you come from?
Inspirations over the summer have been plentiful. Here are some things i've been looking at:
Bruce Metcalf, Contemporary Craft:A Brief Overview

Gerardo Feldstein
Figurative sculpture

Tom Beddard

Gerasimos Plantanas
Photography

Artiphany
Design

Motoi Yamamoto
Sand sculpture

Sandrine Pelletier

CANDY!

Heather Hansen

Dennis Oppenheim's Two Stage Transfer Drawing

Judith Ann Braun
Finger print art!

Baptiste Debombourg

Do Ho Suh

Aurland look out
Architects: Todd Saunders and Tommie Wilhelmsen

Tran Nguyen

So it seems to me that most of the work that i've been into this summer has been destructive, decorative or work that uses the body directly in the work or in the making of the work.
I suppose all work uses the body in some way, but these are more direct ways of using the body where the piece depends solely on it, and if you were to remoce that specific body the piece would be completely different.
I am very interested in the destructive, or the seemingly destructive. To me it ties directly into the disposable, because disposable things are inherently destructive.
As for the decorative, I have an addiction and refuse to seek help. Decoration is what makes my world beautiful and I refuse to give it up. So there.

Off to Arrowmont school of arts and crafts this week to dye fabric and create abstract quilts with it. Another tool under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment