Monday, March 25, 2013

onward.

Here goes.
I've been reworking since my first crit of the semester. I feel like it was late to get the group crit, and now i'm scrambling to rethink and rework. I've had some individual critiques over the semester, but nothing that made me really rethink everything.
I've taken apart the balls dress and am working on a redo. Hopefully I will have some photos in my Wednesday presentation. Where I hopefully won't get ripped apart. Hyenas, don't be too harsh.
On that note, please come to my presentation Wednesday at 11:00 in DSB!

Right now i'm stressing about this paper for Theory. I realize we don't have to write very much for this program, but I feel like these papers always come at the worst times. Can't we write one right away, then one three weeks before midterm when we don't feel like we're expiring from lack of sleep and stress about our work getting done? In any case, the final touches are just being added and it's a huge weight off.

I'm not ready to go back to Battelle building and live in artificial lights tomorrow. Although I was planning a side trip to Hills Market, if it's not too cold. And if it is, well Battelle, you are my home for 14 hours tomorrow.

Here are some people I have been looking at:
Max Colby
This guy makes his own paper and them embroideries into it. Love it.
Heike Mutter, Ulrich Genth
Public art! A walkable roller coaster, how cool.
Information on yarn bombing
Igor Morski
Surreal
Dran
Hailed as the French Banksy, I like Dran's work better.
Ernesto Neto
How did I not know about this guy before!?!?!? Sculpter.
Julien-Aldolphe Duvocelle
Bae Joonsung
Love it.
Gaudi Cathedral
Lynda Benglis
Gender politics
Weird (and wonderful) fashion.
Contemporary Craft by Bruce Metcalf
If you are at all interested or involved in the craft world this is a MUST READ.
Kathy Ludwig
Mona Luison
Alternate materials. Don't love it, but it's interesting.
Adrian Villar Rojas
Eric Standley
Crazy intricate paper art! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment