Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Critique Time! Oh yea.

So I have been so focused on my studio work everything else has sort of fallen behind. My lovely boyfriend and housemate is gone for two weeks, and i've been living at CCAD even more than I usually do. As a result, my mind is way too focused and I need Spring Break! So excited to go home to my parents, and my work is small so of course I can work on it there too! haha. No break for the busy.

In any case, I am working with the piece I have done, taking more photos and experimenting on what is working or not working. Also working on making my multiples of the beaded piece, and combining bubbles from bubble wrap in modular ways. I am experimenting with how to neutralize objects that may have pop culture references. For this I am using colour and combining them in different ways.
As a base I have been using clothing. I am interested in seeing what people think about these very wearable and sometimes oddly comfortable restriction that I am adding to the clothing base.

I am also having a crit with Nari Ward tomorrow before class, so it will be a SUPER CRITIQUE day. I will make sure to put on my big girl pants. And remember my mantra... I am rubber you are glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!
I'm just kidding. I am looking forward to this, actually, I am trying to get al the opinions I can.

Here are some artists and articles I have been looking at since last time.

Nari Ward video 
The host in this bugs me but he's good at speaking and I feel like we have a lot in common.
Emily
Dead things!
video
Strange video but wonderful video
It's adornment!
Hair as adornment
excess

fashion photography

No comments:

Post a Comment