Thursday, January 24, 2013

Teaching methods

Today in Teach Methods we talked about a lot of interesting classroom theory. We started by going over information from our last class, the most interesting of which I though was formatting your classroom to encourage engagement and risk taking. Allowing students to take a risk and possibly fail is an interesting concept, and one that seems like it could be hard to implement. I am excited to try though! Also, to write a syllabus.
We went on to study Blooms Taxonomy, Learning types and a Critical format template. Blooms Taxonomy I thought was kind of obvious, as was the learning types document. They seem like things that are face value parts of teaching. The critical format template was helpful. Critiques are hard to know how to run, and sometimes can get out of hand. If they are not run well, then the students don't get anything out of them. This document was a very good guideline document for future critiques, and I hope to use it to run critiques in my Teaching Assistants position.
I am interested in reading for next week, and running a discussion about the topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment