Thursday, January 31, 2013

Internet time!

This week I've been sick so not doing much. Working on reading a research, as well as getting some work done on tests and also on different pieces. I've been gathering materials from here and there to get started.
Here is a video from my studio:



And some photos where I thought I was recording but only took pictures:



I've set up the other garment-like mourning object on a piece of paper to start tracing it. Next week. 

In teaching methods we talked about different learning types. I thought the text on Jung was particularly interesting, however I feel like testing people for these different personality types just puts them in a box. It seems kind of contradictory in some ways; if you know you're that type and put stock in it, wouldn't you let that dictate your actions? I kind of think Jung is pretentious. I guess that comes with the territory though. 

This week I have been looking at:
Modern Marble sculpting
Anti-Anxiety objects
on Aura Tout Vu
Haute Couture
Alicia Framis
Photography
Valentino Spring 13
Why did men stop wearing high heels?
Ethan Murrow
Drawings
Nuala O'Donovan
Sculptural ceramics
Sasha Vinci
Sculpture
Sculptural sandcastles
Faye Mullen
Video/body work
Artist commune
Tara Donovan
Modular sculptural work
Ana Teresa Barboza
Ross Bleckner
Claims he got a popularity boost from being mentioned in the pilot for Sex in the City. I wouldn't doubt it.
Dali's Alice drawings
Eric Nehr
Crazy photographs. Crazy social situations. Crazy people doing crazy things because of superstitions.



No comments:

Post a Comment