Thursday, September 19, 2013

whoops

So I dropped the ball. This is me, blogging two days late. It's easy to blog when I don't have to but when it's a necessity I seem to forget...
In any case, this week has been filled with visual and literary discovery. Woohoo! I am working with  items and processes and trying to discover what is gendered and what is not. Through this research, using books and discussions with other artists, I hope to get to the root of which objects I might focus on for my show. I am exploring the technique of embroidery on cardboard, paper and other combinations of materials.
These are the artists I have been looking at this week, along with many embroidery artists found in books.
MAtthew Stone

Ridiculous Olek crochet

Craft, Academia, and the 21st Century

Some fashion show

Lillith by Kiki Smith

Isabelle de Borchgrave

No comments:

Post a Comment