Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some things i'm looking at

After my meeting with Kelly Malec-Kosak I have A LOT to think about. Here are some artists and web sites I am checking out while I am thinking away:
Historical Mourning Jewelry curated by Lord Hayden Peters
Peters talking about his jewelry collection
A blog about rings
Kathy Ludwig check out her "Defense Mechanisms for the Urban Being", also the "Memory Scarf"

I am trying to simplify my work. I believe that is the direction I am taking this semester. Still sticking with mourning jewelry, with trying to make mourning tangible, but just taking the concept and breaking it apart so that it is not four concepts in one piece, but rather four pieces that make one concept.
A theme I am picking up from everyone too is being pushed out of their comfort zone. This is a goal for this semester for me! I am going to explore new materials, new ways of thinking, new ways of working. Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment