Saturday, March 1, 2014

Grad school I love you, but you're bringing me down.

Just finishing up the work I can finish up. The uteri/uteruses (someone looked it up, they're both right!) are going to be an ongoing project.
I liked the ideas brought up in my crit about adding wood to the drawers for the pads. I think having an insert at the top that fits flush with the area at the top, covering the Made in America stamp, would be nice. One of the reasons the drawers were so important to the piece comes from Peter Pan. Yes, i'm a Peter Pan fanatic. In the written book version, the mother comes into the nursery at night when the children are sleeping and tidies their minds. It's described as her opening drawers and getting rid of all the extra stuff, and checking on what they are thinking about. This is how she first discovers the name Peter. This picture was always very attractive to me.

Here are some things i'm looking at:

Liza Lou

Feminist books

Jane Perkins

Artnau
The Tattoo page is amazing.

John Crawford

Flavorwire, Women Artists you should know

Katharina Ludwig

Grad School I Love you, But you're bringing me down

Grandma's Bead Stories

Dian Pelangi

No comments:

Post a Comment