Monday, February 17, 2014

Working hard, hardly working

I say hardly working because this is fun. I had a little while where I was sick of my work, sick of the process, sick of the materials, and especially sick of the smell of the materials. But, visualizing it in the gallery space and really knowing it's going up sooner than later makes it exciting.
I've developed a better display system for the pads. Adding some detail photos of the pads here:







Only two more to make. Ten done. 


And will add photos of the display system as soon as I get some. If you are in the space, stop by and look and let me know what you think! Each pad has a display box with a drawer that opens so they can be inspected easier and touched. I am going to hang each display box on the wall, 1 inch away from the one below, in 4 rows of 3 or 3 rows of 4, not sure.

The quilt is in progress, coming along very nicely. I've reversed it on the wall, again photos to come soon. The texture of the back, as well as the emphasis on the making, is very appealing. I am going to hang it spaced off the wall, so the front is visible with a little work from the viewer. It glows on the wall. Still not 100% sure on this but it is what i'm working with now.

quick health update; Migraines have lessened lately but neck pain is intense. Getting a shot between two vertebrae in a couple of weeks to try and numb the nerves and lessen the pain. Hopefully this allows me to function normally!

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. Out of personal preference (I tend to make monochromatic artwork if given the option) I really love the subtleties of the white and silver beaded one. I am not certain that your clear cases for display are the best fit for these. I think they are a step in the right direction, but I almost feel like they need a traditional jewelry case, similar to the ones found at a boutique or antique store with the little key to unlock the case. They are precious, but almost embarrassing, which reminds me of when you have to ask the store attendant to unlock the condoms case if you want to purchase them. Always embarrassing stigma for a woman. I wonder if it is nearly as bad for a man.

    ReplyDelete