Sunday, January 19, 2014

downhill sledding

Here we are, the start to the final semester! A lot of work to do before the end.
I've been working on making the individual reproductive systems over break. They are pretty easy to do, just kind of tedious. I'm not aiming for perfection on them; they all have flaws, as do all people in the world. Also making more of the beaded pads. I have been reflecting on colour combinations and what those might mean to different people. The cultural perceptions related to colour. I think the feedback I get in Critique about this will be interesting. 
Thinking about where things will go in the show. It is really crazy to go into the gallery and envision work there. Such a big space! Also, for me, just thinking about putting some of the work on the wall is nerve wracking. 
Here are some photos of things i've been working on: 











Some people and things i've been looking at:










No comments:

Post a Comment