Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Working hard to catch up to myself. My thoughts are running faster than my body can work! Nervous about my thesis review Friday, but i'm sure i'll get a lot of good feedback! 
I am diving into sewing and creating some wearable objects that communicate people's feelings towards  feminism. I am really interested right now in how men feel and think about feminism. I set up a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/carmensmiththesis , to get some views on some questions about feminism. Please go there and answer the questions i've posted! The answer I think is really cool was answering the question: "I am a feminist and... it doesn't make me any less of a man". 
Getting public feedback on this topic has been interesting. There is an interesting disparity between different ages of women and men. 

This is what i've been looking at this past week or so, lots of internet time. 

Anatomical illustrations
Sculpture
Surreal drawings
Figurative sculpture
Paintings of women in midwestern landscapes. 
Paintings and stuff. 
Male genitals!
Power portraits
Wearable objects
Surrealist photography 
This makes me ill, but is interesting from a psychology of crazies point of view. 
"Misogyny, I mock it"

No comments:

Post a Comment